Friday, August 26, 2011

Polpette al Sugo di Pomodoro





Is it a cliche to say Spaghetti and meatballs is one of my favorite comfort foods?? I love traveling with my husband and I absolutely love trying different foods from other countries I will admit however, when I come back from vacation from a different country other than what is in my blood I crave one of my cultures comfort foods; a beautiful plate of spaghetti with delicious tomato sauce that has small to medium sized meatballs cooking in it (oh yes with lots of freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano)! 30 minutes is all you need to make this delicious yet hearty dinner. For the meatballs , good plain bread crumbs and a very nice amount of Parmigiano-Reggiano makes them absolutely succulent! When I cook this I cook the meatballs first in olive oil and garlic until they get golden and the juices get flowing; then I add a nice can of San Marzano tomatoes and let it cook with all the juices. Comfort at anytime!  

No comments:

Post a Comment