Monday, January 2, 2012

NEW YEARS 2012






For the last 7 years my husband and I have a tradition of celebrating New Years by ourselves with brand new pajamas. It's quite exciting as we make a fancy dinner that includes indulgence of our palatte! We serve Prosecco, Champagne, Caviar, smoked salmon, etc..... What I would like to really talk about is the pasta I have been doing for the last 7 years. My local market is Fresh Market and every year they sell little pastas's that are called Sachetti (little bags). They look like small little money bag filled with mozzarella, asiago, ricotta, a parmeggiano cheeses. I serve it with extreme richness of black truffles, chantarelles mushrooms and creme fraiches, and a generous amounts of parmeggiano reggiano. When I say its heaven in your mouth I literally mean it. The chanterelles melt in your mouth along with the black truffles!!! After this we never get to the next course which is a protein of some sort, this year I made filet mignon but I made it for New years day dinner as again we never get the the next course after eating richness of the Sachetti pasta =)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful new years eve!!! ANd your writing is very nice :)

    ReplyDelete