Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cornished Hens with Duck Fat Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts

These little hens are as tasty as thanksgiving turkey yet cooks in just about an hour!! I love making cornished hens and there are a variety of ways to cook them!!! For me however what marries quite perfectly is rosemary, garlic, and some citrus. For this recipe I stuffed the cornished hen with key limes that I found at my local market.  The juices that flow from them while being cooked with white wine, carrots, and celery has to be served with delicious duck fat potatoes!!! My inspiration when making cornished hens is almost like a mini thanksgiving dinner for two!!! Along with the little hens and duck fat potatoes i served brussels sprouts cooked with pancetta (Italian bacon) and balsamic vinegar!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment